Kirloskar Pneumatic Company Limited (KPCL), announced scholarship program for underprivileged children. Students from twelve schools in Pune district will benefit from this program.
KPCL during its 8th Annual Felicitation Program held recently, announced the scholarship program to further give impetus to company’s principle of assisting and motivating children from underprivileged background to get access to education. In the last eight years, KPCL under its corporate social responsibilities initiatives have extended support to children from secondary schools by designing programs for orphan, single parent and economically challenged children. These initiatives have enabled underprivileged children from various background get access to education. The new initiative is aimed to provide access to higher education.
Under the new program, children who have passed Senior Secondary Certificate (SSC) will be awarded a scholarship which will enable them to get access to education for the next five years. The scholarship covers the costs of tuition fees and books. For the first year, 40 children selected on merit basis from 12 schools across Pune district will be awarded the scholarship.
Speaking on the occasion, Kiran Kulkarni, General Manager, KPCL said, “When we started in 2003 we started with 50 students. Today our initiatives have reached to 12 schools and 15,000 students. Our constant endeavor has been to provide education to the underprivileged which would play vital a part in the upliftment of the society. I am confident that the scholarship will not only benefit the children to gain access to education and knowledge but help to become financial independent in the future adding to the overall development of our country.”
KPCL‘s other initiatives:
- KPCL association with Madhavi Kapur Foundation an NGO which works for the betterment of the underprivileged children
- KPCL provides skill development program for socially and economically challenged
- Kirloskar Eco Clubs creates awareness on issues related to environment
- Adhunik Guru is a training program designed for teachers aimed to help them face challenges of changing education system
- WASH program is to create awareness about issues related to water, sanitation and hygiene. The WASH program is implemented in 9 PMC schools
- School students eye care program in association with National Institute of Ophthalmology, Pune
- Teachers Health Check up and general community camps in association with Noble Hospital & Inlaks Budhrani Hospital.
- Awareness regarding HIV AIDS in association with AVERT Society Mumbai.
Total 20,000 beneficiaries in education and health in the past 3 years.
Source: Kirloskar Pneumatic Company Limited